Hong Kong Trip 2010 - Second Day

by - February 04, 2010

After staying up late the night before, I woke up early to start my first full day in HK with much enthusiasm. The day's itinerary included the Citygate Outlets in Tung Chung and Mong Kok/ TST for me, KC, and Nini; Disneyland for Joyce, RJ, and Mimi.

The day promised to be a really great one despite the nippy early morning weather . The Disneyland goers went out earlier and at around 10am KC, Nini, and I set out for the Citygate Outlets. It was a long ride to Tung Chung MTR station and we had to change from the Tsuen Wan line to the Tung Chung line to get to Citygate. However, it still only took us, more or less, 30 minutes.

We shopped and shopped, and gawked at all the designer stores we hear and see only in magazines. Burberry, Kate Spade, Coach, Diane von Furstenberg, and Seven7 to name a few.


Carrying bags laden with good stuff, we headed back to the city center and alighted at Mong Kok MTR station. We stopped at Bonjour, a health and beauty shop which became one of my favorite stores in HK. Then we went inside Langham Place where stalls of Mac, Clinique, L'Occitanne, Nars, Shiseido, Kiehl's, etc. are found. It even has an H&M store where KC and Nini got crazy buying stuff.

Photobucket

I got crazy too...because I was able to eat my favorite burger in the WWW (whole wide world) - Mos Cheeseburger!!! Heaven!

After Langham Place, we walked to Tung Choi Street where the Ladies Market is located. We bought our pasalubong for Launch Team and also some for people at home. I was able to buy the "I HK" shirts, a couple of cute punchers, and playing cards featuring the Erotic Art of the East for my brother in law. Then, we headed home tired but happy, and eagerly awaiting the next day's adventure.

You May Also Like

0 comments