Bazooka Rocks 3 Fan Party at SM The Block

by - August 31, 2014


So, last Friday August 29, 2014, I was at SM City North EDSA to watch Rurouni Kenshin. I planned to watch this on the first day of its showing. However, due to heavy rains, traffic, and the sucky MRT situation that week, I didn't have the energy to do anything more than just go straight home and lie down on the bed.

So, I did. And actually, I also wanted to watch Guardians of the Galaxy after Kenshin. But I wanted to eat first, so I went to The Block to find somewhere to eat. Lo and behold! There was a show happening. A meet and greet thing. When I looked closer, I almost jumped up and down like crazy. The Summer Set was included! Holy smokes!


How could I say no? I just had to donate PHP100 to have a chance to meet and greet The Summer Set. Of course, I scrapped the 2nd movie plan I had and went to the registration booth. Sadly, the limited 50 seats for the meet and greet was already filled up. Dang! But the side seats were still available for PHP50 donation. Of course, no second thoughts about that as well.

It was early still, about 3 PM, so I still had a long time to wait because the fan party will start at 6 PM. So, I decided to choose my seat and got a really good one. I talked to some people there and left my umbrella as a seat saver so I could eat lunch-dinner.

Stomach full and bladder empty, I went to take my seat again and wait for the show to start. And what a meet and greet it was. I think I'm not biased when I say this, but The Summer Set got the most shouts because when they arrived it was pandemonium! Everyone was standing on their chairs, including me. I think they couldn't believe it themselves. They even said they don't get this much enthusiasm from their fans in America. And just to remember the overwhelming feeling, they filmed the crazy crowd and posted in in their instagram accounts.

Here's from @the_summer_set: http://instagram.com/p/sTll3tMnI1/
From @jessbowen: http://instagram.com/p/sSbKQHs-Jl

The Summer Set: Joshua, Jess, Brian, Stephen, and John

Filming the madness that was The Summer Set fans

Answering some question from the press peeps and the fans

Everyone has their phones, digicams, and tablets up. Even fan signs.

Host Rico Robles and The Summer Set

Also, I'm so kilig that John Gomez noticed the heart-shaped hands I was making and answered with a heart of his own! OMG!!! And then, and then...I found out that fans do this for them because their logo TSS forms a heart shape with the S's and because Lightning in a Bottle has "hearts in the air" in the lyrics. And here I thought of doing the heart shape because that's what Kpop fans do. I practically looked like a long-time TSS fan! But in truth I've only been for about 3 months. But I love them already.


And then, turning to a crazy stalker, after TSS's portion, I went out and stood by the gate where they will get out. And waited for them:



The Summer Set will perform at the Bazooka Rocks III on Sunday, August 31 at the SMX Convention Center. In one massive indoor pit. No sections. If I lived near the venue I would watch, but SM MOA is so far away.
Brian Logan Dales - Lead Vocals
Jess Bowen - Drummer
Joshua Montgomery - Guitarist
John Gomez - Guitarist
Stephen Gomez - Bassist

I'm ending this post with my favorite song of theirs: Must Be the Music from their 2011 Album Everything's Fine


You May Also Like

0 comments