New Series to Watch for the 2014 - 2015 Season

by - September 09, 2014


As if I don't have enough on my plate already (plate of to-watch, to-come-back-to), I find out about this:

The Flash
The Smallville version of DC's The Flash. The series is about the origins of the fastest man alive, Barry Allen who acquired his unique ability from a freak accident.

The Flash (The CW)
Photo from: Hollywood Reporter



iZombie
Another zombie-apocalypse series? No. No way...It's not? Oh good. It's a procedural drama about a coroner's assistant who is really a zombie. She eats brains so she can remain human. Yes. Sounds familiar, eh? But interesting nevertheless. This reminds me--somewhat--of Moonlight where the main character is a private investigator helping the police capture the bad guys. That's not all, he's a vampire, and he drinks blood so he can live.

iZombie (The CW)
Photo from Hollywood Reporter

CSI: Cyber
Yes. Another spinoff from the CSI franchise. But this one deals with cyber crimes. And because I love CSI, I am excited to see this one. And also because I like Patricia Arquette. Medium, anyone?


Hieroglyph
Just because I like everything ancient Egypt.

Hieroglyph (Fox)
Photo from Hollywood Reporter

State of Affairs
A CIA agent becomes the president's daily briefer, who is tasked to identify vital national security issues. Stars Katherine Heigl as the CIA agent and Alfre Woodard as the first black female president. Should be an interesting watch if you like Zero Dark Thirty and The West Wing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/State_of_Affairs_NBC.jpg


Selfie
I am looking forward to this not because I like John Cho ever since I watched him on a Charmed episode. Not at all. I am not that shallow. The series is very current, as it is about a woman who suddenly becomes the center of attention (for the wrong reasons) when a video involving her went viral. She enlists the help of a marketing expert, who also happens to work in the same company as her, to fix her tainted image.

Selfie (ABC)

Forever
Do I like these kinds of dramas, or do I not? Seems like fighting crime means you have to be immortal, a zombie, a vampire, or a superhero. Can't we just be normal peeps? This one is about New York's star medical examiner, Dr. Henry Morgan (played by Ioan Gruffudd) who happens to be immortal. He helps solve cases and studies the dead so he can find the answers to why he cannot die.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/64057/_1400004135.jpg
Oh, come on abc! Really? You're going with "He's dying to know the truth"?

Constantine
Oh yes. John Constantine is back. The badass magician and master of the occult from DC Comics' Hellblazer. In the series, he plays an unwilling hero defending humanity against the forces of darkness even while he struggles with his faith and atones for his sins. Should be good considering I likes the movie version.

http://geek-prime.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Constantine-TV-show.png

Gotham
Is it just me? Or everything here is based on DC comics? I'm not a fan by any means. I just happen to like the movie versions. The series though, is about Gordon's early days in the city's police force. It will also touch on the stories of several Batman villains, including Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Joker, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Harvey Dent, and Mr. Freeze.

http://images.hngn.com/data/images/full/28501/gotham.jpg?w=600




You May Also Like

0 comments