Book Review: Experiment in Terror Red Fox

by - June 20, 2017

I thought Red Fox was definitely better than the first book, Darkhouse. Though there are still some annoying little bits in the book, mostly made by Perry. Like venturing off alone and not telling anyone.😒 Or Dex leaving Perry again. Or the fact that they are still denying the truth about what they see even as they are still reeling from the incidents in the first book.

I do like the character development in this book. We discover more things about our main protagonists, or why they are the way they are. Also, the relationship. It's what I actually love about the first two books. The slow romantic build-up. The tension and waiting if they will or they won't act on what they feel.💕

I still do find them a little bit unconventional and quirky. Dex is strange and very hard to read. I find myself questioning his reactions and answers like Perry. 😔

And Perry, has a lot of issues. The lying, I understand, but still...She could do without those and be at a much better place. But they are growing on me.

Maybe because I don't know anyone in my life who acts the way they do. Or I've been led to believe by other romance novels that there are certain ways people need to act when they like each other. Maybe.

The book wasn't as scary as I initially thought, though. I'd be more scared of paranormal and ghosts stuff than what Perry and Dex encountered in this book. It didn't make me want to leave the light or TV on to go to sleep, which the first one did, BTW.

All in all, a good second book in the series. I rated this book 4★★★★ in Goodreads.

You May Also Like

0 comments