And the 2009 Golden Globe Winners are...

by - January 20, 2010

The recently concluded 67th Golden Globe Awards, I must say, was a success. In that, many of my favorite people and show won, and because I laughed at almost everything Ricky Gervais said. What made him even more funny was his shameless, shameless plug on his own show and movie, The Office and The Invention of Lying.

For "Glee-ks" like me, Lea Michelle, Jane Lynch, and Matthew Morrison's loss in their respective categories was replaced with a more rewarding honor, Best Television Series for Comedy or Musical. This certifies that Glee is not just a flash-in-the-pan TV series, but a show worthy of all the hype and praises that it garnered over the last 13 episodes.

Of course, one of my favorite come-back star, Robert Downey, Jr., won for his performance as ace 19th-century detective Sherlock Holmes. I have yet to watch this movie, so I will reserve my comments for later. Although, I am quite sure that he brought the old stodgy Sherlock Holmes from the 19th century to the 21st century with his dazzling and witty portrayal.

For a complete list of nominees and winners go to the Golden Globe's official website:


You May Also Like

0 comments