Designing a logo and naming a design business

by - January 08, 2010

Earlier this week I decided to try my hand at designing a logo for my planned creative/ art/ scrapbooking business. But of course, naming it is the first step. I tried on so many combination of words that I liked and tried to search for it on the internet. It was kind of disappointing because almost every name I've come up with was already taken. I even thought of using the old name I've come up with a friend a couple of years ago for a web services business because of that, and also because I liked the logo I designed for that name. But I didn't. It wasn't all mine to use.

So, after a day of brainstorming (with myself), I finally came up with a business name I liked. One that also presented a possibility of incorporating my favorite color - sage, olive, celadon, basta green with a tinge of gray and yellow. Concept after concept later, I finally came up with this:



Not sure how well it's going to translate on different types of printing and materials. I don't know all that stuff yet because this is just my 2nd time to make a logo (I used Adobe Illustrator this time). I'm still thinking of changing the type (font) on this, but for now I think this is just fine.

You May Also Like

0 comments