Book Change Up

by - February 21, 2014

Lately, I've been finding myself giving up on a book halfway through. One of the main reasons is that I keep thinking I will be able to guess what will happen next--and I do most of the time. And that kind of wanes my enthusiasm a bit. Ok, by a lot.

Then I realized that maybe I need to change genres. I've been reading contemporary romance novels for the last 2 months and I think I'm getting a little critical of the way the characters act. Talk about taking things too seriously. Hello.

Let's see...according to my Goodreads track, here's what I have been reading lately:

  • Can't Stand The Heat (Recipe for Love #1) by Louisa Edwards
  • Love Unscripted (Love, #1) by Tina Reber
  • The Alien King and I by Lizzie Lynn Lee
  • Scot on the Rocks by Brenda Janowitz
  • Sex Snob by Elizabeth Hayley
  • His Brother's Bride (Banks Brothers Bride, #4) by Rose Gordon
  • Her Best Friend's Brother by T.J. Dell
  • Propositioning Her Brother’s Best Friend by Sam Crescent

Now, I'm reading another romance novel, Falling For the Ghost of You by Nicole Christie. Where my mystery, adventure, Indiana-Jones-type novels? I need to get some James Rollins into my system again. Or Maybe an Andy McDermott. Or a Matthew Reilly. Anything, just not another love story.

You May Also Like

0 comments