Playing Catch-up: Naruto Shippuden Weekend Marathon

by - February 19, 2014

I'm finding it really hard to keep up with all the anime and TV shows I'm watching. Not only that, I also challenged myself to read 60 books this year, which I'm tracking via Goodreads. So, finally finding the time to catch up on Naruto Shippuden episodes is really great. This also means that when I'll be able to get to the next item on my catch-up list, One Piece...or maybe Bleach...or Fairy Tail...or Suits...or Game of Thrones...geez.

Anyway, I was glued to my computer the whole of Sunday watching Naruto, taking a break only to eat lunch and go to the bathroom. And I was able to trim down my backlog to less than a hundred episodes...around 80? Of course, I'm skipping ALL the filler episodes. They're mostly flashbacks anyway, and doesn't really affect the main storyline.



I'm at the start of the Fourth Great Shinobi War where Kabuto used the Reanimation Jutsu. And I was like, holy crap! All those dead ninjas like Zabuza, Deidara (annoying clay bomb ninja), and even Asuma were back! Basically, everyone we know from the past who dies were reanimated, along with whatever consciousness and skill they have. Well, except those who used the Reaper Death Seal Jutsu and those whom the jutsu were used upon, such as the First, Second, Third, and Fourth Hokages. Good thing, because I doubt anyone would win against the hokages. What about Naruto's mom? Hmm, maybe no?

Personally, I'm hating this reanimation thing because I'm emotionally attached to some of the dead characters. And having them pitted against their comrades is something I'm not keen on watching. But I know I have to. I'm sure there will be a good ending to that meeting.

Anyway, I'm happy that I've finally found the time to watch the anime again. Excited about this new arc, as well. I also liked the Pain arc...a lot. I'm hoping that more of Naruto's "classmates" get to shine in this chapter, and see how they've developed their skills as Naruto had.

Can't wait to start watching the next episodes again...

You May Also Like

0 comments