Grocer John: Quezon City's Newest Neighborhood Grocery

by - February 17, 2014


There's a new food store in town. Grocer John along Mindanao Avenue (near Tandang Sora Avenue) in Quezon City officially opened last week and I went there just a couple of days after. Here's what I found inside the store: familiar imported products, but most are variants you won't find in our regular grocery stores. This includes Coca Cola products in can bottles--yes, soda tin cans shaped into bottles--and Chips Ahoy Sweet n' Salty with salted caramel chunks.



And more rows of imported products from, whaddayaknow, France! And I think I saw other products from Belgium and Italy.



And then there's this...Annie's Bunny cookies. My son's favorite cookie. But it's not the gluten-free one, so I didn't buy it. I asked them, though, if they will have stocks of the gluten-free ones, and the saleslady told me she would request these, so they could stock it.


I wasn't able to take a photo of their loft areas. There were 2, the left side held their wine selections, the other their coffees and hot chocolates.

I almost whooped out loud when I saw that they also had Cadbury's Marvelous Collection and Hershey's Symphony (the one with toffee) chocolates on stock. 

Aside from these sweet treats, Grocer John has spreads, jams, cereals, Asian condiments, and local products like Good Shepherd's ube jam and those "pasalubong" items you buy when you visit different parts of the country, such as tarts, pastillas, etc.

I think they will also have a deli section because it says on their signage, plus they have this section of the store that has empty shelves.

I will go back probably next week to check out if they've stock up on some more items. Plus, I want to buy more coffee stuff. 

You May Also Like

0 comments